How to enroll in an online course: (note: to fulfill the PE requirement — sign up for PERSONAL FITNESS, not Hope):
- Go to Pasco eSchool Course catalog:
- 8th graders enrolling in High School PE, search for PERSONAL FITNESS (if you are looking to fulfill the 1 whole year credit of PE requirement, first complete Personal Fitness. After completing Personal Fitness, you will need to register/complete semester of Fitness Lifestyle Design, or Outdoor education — see Ms. Pinsky for questions)
- Click the Red “Register Now” button on the right hand column with a parent.
- Complete the form with a parent:
- Name, ID #, DOB, high school course, segment A, if you’re wanting Honors credit (if available), gender, grade level, attending RBSMS
- Date you want to start your course and for “School Counselor”, scroll past all the High School Counselors to select Ms. Pinsky’s name from Middle School Counselor list (if you’re an 8th grader or Infinity. 6th Grade students select Ms. Holzum’s name, 7th grade students select Ms. Lessem’s name).
- Parent then signs the form electronically
- After submitting the form, you and your parent will receive emails from Pasco eSchool to complete the sign up process (this link will help you). YOU MUST CREATE AN ACCOUNT to complete the process. Your parent will also create an account (after you have completed yours) and will need your login information in order to link their account to yours.
- Your parent will then need to go on their FLVS account and approve your course request. Click here to begin creating your Parent/Guardian Account -this link will help you do that.
- After parent has approved the course request, contact your school counselor and she’ll verify your enrollment.
- Next, you’ll see on your Dashboard once you’ve been assigned to a teacher. When you have a teacher assigned, be sure to follow the Instructions emailed to you by Pasco eSchool: go on your teacher’s Welcome Page, read that information, SCHEDULE YOUR WELCOME CALL, and look over the Pace chart.
- Using your Pace chart and your calendar, schedule your assignments, DBAs, and assessments into your calendar.
With your parent having a Parent/Guardian Account, they will have:
- 24-7 online access to submitted and/or graded assignments and your child’s grade book
- Monthly phone calls from teachers
- Monthly progress reports emailed to parent emails
- Regular email updates from teachers
- Extensive access to teachers
How to create your Parent/Guardian Account:
- Student Completes Application: First, the student must complete the sign up process. Once the student has completed the online application he/she will receive a Student Username/ Password. You will need this Student Username/ Password to create your Parent/Guardian Account.
- Create your Parent/Guardian Account: Click here to begin creating your Parent/Guardian Account
Course Cards for incoming 6th graders, current 6th grade moving to 7th grade, current 7th grade moving to 8th grade
RBSMS 6th grade Course Card 2018-2019
RBSMS 7th gr Course Card 2018-2019
RBSMS 8th gr Course Card 2018-2019
Course Card for current 8th graders going to ZHS
ZHS Course Card for 2018-2019
Our super school counselors are: Stephanie Holzum (6th, AVID); Jewl-Lee Lessem (7th); and Amy Pinsky (8th, Infinity). Because this week also celebrates Student Services staff, we celebrate Dr. Preece, Mrs Campbell, and Ms. Webb.
Below is the articulation calendar for all students entering RBSMS as 6th grade next year, for students moving up a grade here next year, and for those articulating up to 9th grade high school next year. Those 8th grade students interested in applying for Career Academies should contact the high school for application information ASAP (starting in January) <click for link of academies at each high school>.
- 1/25: 8th-9th: Field trip to WCHS for zoned students
- 2/01: ALL: School choice window opens for Pasco County
- 8th-9th: WCHS presents course cards to zoned students
- 2/06: 8th-9th: PHS Parent presentation (curriculum fair) 6pm
- 2/15: 8th-9th: ZHS presentation for zoned students (& to SAC)
- 2/23: 8th-9th: ZHS Course Cards due to Ms. Pinsky
- 2/27: 8th-9th: WCHS online registration for zoned students
- 3/01: 8th-9th: ZHS Parent Night at ZHS Gym (6pm)
- 5th-6th: Holzum/Pinsky at NRES (course cards) 2pm
- 3/07: 5th-6th: Holzum/Pinsky at CWTES (course cards) 10:30
- 3/08: 5th-6th: Holzum/Pinsky at WZES (course cards) 10:00a
- Holzum/Pinsky at WES (course cards) 2:30pm
- 3/09: 6th-7th and
- 7th-8th: Counselors RBSMS presentation on course cards
- 3/13: 5th-6th: AM Pep Rally at RBSMS Gymnasium
- 3/13: 5th-6th: Parent University at RBSMS
- 3/13: 6th-7th and
- 7th-8th: RBSMS Curriculum Fair ( 6th & 7th families)
- 3/15: 5th-6th: Course Cards due to Elem. Counselor
- 3/30: ALL: All Course Cards, Advanced Matrices, All Applications for Infinity, AVID, Yearbook, Recommendations, Peer is DUE
- 4/3: 3:00 Eurythmics Tryouts at ZHS (flags)
On February 2nd, RBSMS students who are on-track in the following areaswill be invited to an On-Track Celebration:
- attendance, and
On Friday, January 26, 2018, 70 students will be recognized for their improvements semester 1 of 2017-2018 in the following categories: academic (no failures 1st semester), attendance (SSW criteria), and behavior (admin criteria). These students who struggled with one or more areas before but who showed vast improvement will be invited to a ceremony with certificates and an ice cream sundae bar. Those students eligible will receive an invitation in their 4th period classroom.
The RBSMS Quarter 2 Honor Roll will take place on Thursday, January 25, 2018 at 9:15 a.m. in the school gymnasium.
January 16-19, 2018 is RBSMS’ Annual Erase The Hate week. Most classrooms decorated their doors for the Door-Decorating contest where they post messages of diversity and acceptance for others. 6th, 7th, and 8th grade ounselors will be in all lunches for activities and for Friday’s Mix-It-Up Day.