How to enroll in an online course: (note: to fulfill the PE requirement — sign up for PERSONAL FITNESS, not Hope):
- Go to Pasco eSchool Course catalog:
- 8th graders enrolling in High School PE, search for PERSONAL FITNESS (if you are looking to fulfill the 1 whole year credit of PE requirement, first complete Personal Fitness. After completing Personal Fitness, you will need to register/complete semester of Fitness Lifestyle Design, or Outdoor education — see Ms. Pinsky for questions)
- Click the Red “Register Now” button on the right hand column with a parent.
- Complete the form with a parent:
- Name, ID #, DOB, high school course, segment A, if you’re wanting Honors credit (if available), gender, grade level, attending RBSMS
- Date you want to start your course and for “School Counselor”, scroll past all the High School Counselors to select Ms. Pinsky’s name from Middle School Counselor list (if you’re an 8th grader or Infinity. 6th Grade students select Ms. Holzum’s name, 7th grade students select Ms. Lessem’s name).
- Parent then signs the form electronically
- After submitting the form, you and your parent will receive emails from Pasco eSchool to complete the sign up process (this link will help you). YOU MUST CREATE AN ACCOUNT to complete the process. Your parent will also create an account (after you have completed yours) and will need your login information in order to link their account to yours.
- Your parent will then need to go on their FLVS account and approve your course request. Click here to begin creating your Parent/Guardian Account -this link will help you do that.
- After parent has approved the course request, contact your school counselor and she’ll verify your enrollment.
- Next, you’ll see on your Dashboard once you’ve been assigned to a teacher. When you have a teacher assigned, be sure to follow the Instructions emailed to you by Pasco eSchool: go on your teacher’s Welcome Page, read that information, SCHEDULE YOUR WELCOME CALL, and look over the Pace chart.
- Using your Pace chart and your calendar, schedule your assignments, DBAs, and assessments into your calendar.
With your parent having a Parent/Guardian Account, they will have:
- 24-7 online access to submitted and/or graded assignments and your child’s grade book
- Monthly phone calls from teachers
- Monthly progress reports emailed to parent emails
- Regular email updates from teachers
- Extensive access to teachers
How to create your Parent/Guardian Account:
- Student Completes Application: First, the student must complete the sign up process. Once the student has completed the online application he/she will receive a Student Username/ Password. You will need this Student Username/ Password to create your Parent/Guardian Account.
- Create your Parent/Guardian Account: Click here to begin creating your Parent/Guardian Account
Below is the articulation calendar for all students entering RBSMS as 6th grade next year, for students moving up a grade here next year, and for those articulating up to 9th grade high school next year. Those 8th grade students interested in applying for Career Academies should contact the high school for application information ASAP (starting in January) <click for link of academies at each high school>.
- 1/25: 8th-9th: Field trip to WCHS for zoned students
- 2/01: ALL: School choice window opens for Pasco County
- 8th-9th: WCHS presents course cards to zoned students
- 2/06: 8th-9th: PHS Parent presentation (curriculum fair) 6pm
- 2/15: 8th-9th: ZHS presentation for zoned students (& to SAC)
- 2/23: 8th-9th: ZHS Course Cards due to Ms. Pinsky
- 2/27: 8th-9th: WCHS online registration for zoned students
- 3/01: 8th-9th: ZHS Parent Night at ZHS Gym (6pm)
- 5th-6th: Holzum/Pinsky at NRES (course cards) 2pm
- 3/07: 5th-6th: Holzum/Pinsky at CWTES (course cards) 10:30
- 3/08: 5th-6th: Holzum/Pinsky at WZES (course cards) 10:00a
- Holzum/Pinsky at WES (course cards) 2:30pm
- 3/09: 6th-7th and
- 7th-8th: Counselors RBSMS presentation on course cards
- 3/13: 5th-6th: AM Pep Rally at RBSMS Gymnasium
- 3/13: 5th-6th: Parent University at RBSMS
- 3/13: 6th-7th and
- 7th-8th: RBSMS Curriculum Fair ( 6th & 7th families)
- 3/15: 5th-6th: Course Cards due to Elem. Counselor
- 3/30: ALL: All Course Cards, Advanced Matrices, All Applications for Infinity, AVID, Yearbook, Recommendations, Peer is DUE
- 4/3: 3:00 Eurythmics Tryouts at ZHS (flags)
RBSMS Students explored ZHS’ Aviation elective and learned about the program track, the need for students to enter STEM fields to fill job openings, explored the 3D printer which made engine parts, showed off maneuvers on flight simulators and Continue reading ZHS Aviation Elective
At December 8th‘s Community Connections Night, Mrs. Holzum will host a session for the parents of 8th graders to apply for the Pasco Education Foundation’s Take Stock in Children Scholarship. Information, deadline date, and resources to contact will be provided. Criteria includes a semester GPA of 2.50 or higher, no discipline issues, and agreement to remain crime-free & drug-free and to maintain good grades and attendance. This scholarship provides up to a 4-year tuition-free scholarship, college readiness coach, mentor. Families must provide W2, 1040, and pay stub information to support income eligibility requirements.
Additionally, there are scholarships to apply for that are available to all middle school students (Kohls’ Kids Who Care, Doodle4Google, Gloria Barron Young Heroes, Healers Trilogy, Patriots Pen, Angela Award, Scholastic Art/Writing): https://www.unigo.com/pay-for-college/scholarships/you-re-never-too-young-for-scholarships
Counselors are collecting course cards for next year’s classes. We’ve gotta catch ’em all!
8th grade students should have all course cards in to Mrs. Pinsky — if yours is not submitted, please turn it in now. If you have not chosen electives, your electives will be picked for you. Set yourself up for success in high school by selecting classes that support your interests.
6th & 7th grade students will receive their cards this week– they are due upon our return from Spring Break.
5th grade students’ course card choices are due to elementary schools on Friday 3/18
During the weeks of February 16 – 23, all 8th graders will have Career exploration lessons and create accounts that will be used through their senior year for college and/or career planning.
The lesson focuses on interest and ability surveys and possible career clusters that best align with the student’s interests and skills. Students can then explore the array of careers, incomes, and education requirements for each career.
The Land O’Lakes IB Assistant Principal and Counselor will be at our school 5th period on _10/19_ to tell you about this opportunity. A Parent Night will be available on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 at TEWMS from 6:30- 7:30 pm.
The International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IB) offers high-achieving, high-performing students an opportunity to pursue a rigorous program of studies during their high school years. The academic requirements of the IB program are demanding. However, the student with an IB diploma or certificate may be awarded college credit and advanced standing at colleges and universities throughout the world.
The IB Program at Land O’Lakes High School serves east side and central schools in Pasco County. Community IB Information Nights will be held in November and are open to the public. A link to the application will be available on line at http://lolhs.pasco.k12.fl.us at the International Baccalaureate link beginning October 5, 2015.