Senior class presentations included information on graduation, initial credit-earning and credit recovery/replacement, graduation plans, post-secondary information (enlistment, employment, enrollment) including ASVAB, college application/financial aid/scholarship process, and how to pursue more information.
Category Archives: Dual Enrollment
District DE website: http://www.pasco.k12.fl.us/oll/page/dual-enrollment. This is an important website to peruse — there’s a lot of information here.
- PLEASE check your Dynamic Forms for denied class comments to see if you need to submit a new one with changes based on the comments.
- It is not too late to submit a new dynamic form, but it must be approved by me, your parent, and the advisor Ms. Raulerson (Ms. Bridger’s not our PHSC advisor) before you are able to register, so if you’re doing a new one, I recommend completing it soon.
- Dynamic forms are NOT registration… you do not have those classes yet. You must register for them (except for ENC1101 & AMH2010 – I register you for those once you’ve done the Dynamic Form).
REGISTRATION Monday 8/2:
Here is the step-by-step guide to register for the DE classes approved on your Dynamic Form this Monday 8/2: https://livepascok12fl-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/ljoustra_pasco_k12_fl_us/ES2x-5NvsY1Dhb3GoqZf27sBw4aQri06Q6W7QpMk3WE1CA?e=dj404w
Here is the link that shows what time you need to register on 8/2: https://livepascok12fl.sharepoint.com/:w:/s/OLL_Resources/EVZGvCN01WRDic8IygkcuboBHNZYi88ou9aUYNm-QOC30w?e=XqNTuu
You are only able to register for the classes approved on your dynamic form (ENC1101 & AMH2010 do not need to register, only complete a dynamic form).
You will not be able to register if you have not completed your online readiness and your de orientation to canvas classes. Complete those now if you haven’t already.
YOU MUST SEND TO ME A SCREENSHOT OF YOUR PHSC COURSES that you successfully register for on 8/2 so that your LOLHS schedule can mimic what you’ve gotten online. Remember, I can’t just move LOLHS classes around willynilly – you will need to work your PHSC classes around the LOLHS schedule — your LOLHS schedule is visible on myStudent. Be sure that you are not putting an off-campus DE class in the middle of your on-campus LOLHS schedule.
If you have some on-LOLHS-campus classes and some off-campus classes, you must have reliable transportation for the entire semester – students with OFF-campus courses (OJT, eSchool off-campus, PHSC off-campus) cannot be on LOLHS campus during those periods.
FALL 2021 DE
Summer DE 2021
Summer 2021 DE Registration
Summer Dual Enrollment registration season is upon us.
Summer Dual Enrollment is open to current 9th, 10th, and 11th grade students who meet eligibility criteria, even if currently enrolled in DE.
- GPA ≥3.0
- earned eligible scores on PERT/SAT/ACT http://www.pasco.k12.fl.us/library/oll/Student_Testing_and_Placement_Chart_FALL_2019_Revised_9-11-191.pdf
Students are encouraged to input up to 14 DE courses based on course requests. 11th grade DE students may only:
- register for Term III (5/11-7/20)
- enroll in no more than 8 credit hours (online or face to face).
Please access the district website which contains the Summer Online Registration Worksheet for important upcoming dates and deadlines for Summer Registration. http://www.pasco.k12.fl.us/oll/page/dual-enrollment
- Complete the online readiness course through Canvas. Completion of the PHSC online readiness course is required prior to registering in any online dual enrollment courses. We highly encourage all students to access and complete the online readiness course now.
- Completion of the Student Orientation online is also REQUIRED for all DE students. Students who have not completed this course will not be able to register for Summer courses. Visit https://admissions.phsc.edu/start/high-school/dual-enroll/faq to access directions on how to complete the orientation.
- General Info about the PERT: https://testing.phsc.edu/exam/common/pert
- Link to sign up for PERT through PHSC: https://www2.registerblast.com/phsc/Exam/List
- Free PERT study guide: http://www.fldoe.org/core/fileparse.php/7533/urlt/pert-studentstudyguide.pdf
- Free PERT Review Booklet for Mathematics: https://valenciacollege.edu/students/assessments/documents/PERTmathbookletUPDATE.pdf
- Here is a narrated presentation by Ms. Joustra on Dual Enrollment https://livepascok12fl-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/ljoustra_pasco_k12_fl_us/ES2x-5NvsY1Dhb3GoqZf27sBw4aQri06Q6W7QpMk3WE1CA?e=dj404w
DE Info Nite LOLHS 2021
Collegiate High School 2021
There will be sessions at each upcoming Pasco Pathways expo event that give an overview of Collegiate HS. This year, Collegiate HS will continue to be incorporated into the school choice application process along with our magnet schools and programs. You may use this catalog to learn more about CHS and the new application window. Below is an overview of the application process.
- January 7th – January 21st
- Must apply through the Pasco Pathways application in myStudent
- The PHSC paper application is still required and must be turned in by students who applied to school counselors for review of eligibility by January 25th
- January 25th
- Deadline for students to have paper applications turned into counselor
- February 4th
- Deadline for school counselors to review applications and send eligible applicant information to be received at district by the 8th
- Counselors should verify eligibility and that all parts of the application have been submitted by the student. Counselors should ensure that all courses/credits required to meet high school graduation are specified.
- February 19th -28th
- Parents notified of acceptance or denial
- February 28th
- Accepted students/parents must accept or decline their invitation to join CHS
DE Spring 2021 Info
Dual Enrollment info has posted for second semester of the 2020-2021 school year (spring 2021).
Here is the link for the district information: http://www.pasco.k12.fl.us/oll/page/dual-enrollment/
- Please read the above link closely and follow the links — most answers to questions are either on that page or on one of the links on the page.
- Complete the worksheet & meet with your counselor(s) — Mrs. Pinsky and Ms. Bridger by October28th.
- Ms. Bridger: schedule at https://phsc.navigate.eab.com/ or call the Advising Office (727) 816-3201 or the Information Center (727) 847-2727 and schedule PHSC advisement appointments
- Mrs. Pinsky: schedule at https://calendly.com/pinsky-lolhs/15min
- Put the deadlines in your calendar with reminders:
- 11/13-ish notification to your PHSC email if approved/denied,
- 11/18 mandatory web registration (times vary based on number of DE credits you’ve earned),
- 01/07 new-to-DE students create an online application at https://cpnta.phsc.edu/dualapp/english/WDEAI.aspx
- Complete the online readiness and de orientation to canvas classes. This FAQ walks you through the steps: https://admissions.phsc.edu/start/high-school/dual-enroll/faq. Students who have not completed this will not be able to register for Spring courses
- If you have questions after reviewing these tabs, let Ms. Bridger (PHSC Advisor for LOLHS) or Mrs. Pinsky know. Ms. Bridger’s email is firstname.lastname@example.org and Mrs. Pinsky’s is email@example.com. Students may request advisement appointments with PHSC through November 13th. Beginning November 16th, advisement will only be accessible through the virtual drop-in platform which will be available through the first week of classes (January 15, 2021).
- Eligibility Criteria tab
- Textbooks tab and these 2 links: http://www.pasco.k12.fl.us/library/oll/dual_enrollment_3.pdf http://www.pasco.k12.fl.us/library/oll/Dual_Enrollment_Textbooks_-_COVID.pdf
- Gen Ed requirements: http://www.pasco.k12.fl.us/library/oll/PHSC_General_Education_Requirements_2018_FINAL.pdf
- Scores needed on Exams: http://www.pasco.k12.fl.us/library/oll/Student_Testing_and_Placement_Chart_FALL_2019_Revised_9-11-191.pdf
FALL DE 2020 Updated Info
See image above for updated requirements for Dual Enrollment Fall 2020.
- If you are requesting Fall DE and have passed PERT but have not met with me via Zoom, you will need to message me to schedule a time to meet.
- If you are requesting Fall Dual Enrollment and have not taken or passed PERT, view the requirements below. If you meet them, message me to schedule a time to meet. If you are not sure if you meet them, you can view your PSAT and FSA scores on myStudent. See below for details.
To view exam scores, there are several options:
- Students can log in to their College Board account to view PSAT (and AP) exam scores. Parents can create a parent College Board account, as well—but it doesn’t have the full access that students do.
- To create a student account: https://pages.collegeboard.org/account-help/how-create-account
- To create a parent account: https://parents.collegeboard.org/
- PSAT (and AP) test scores are also available on myStudent
- PARENTS can view all test scores on the parent portal on myStudent: on the left side, click on “My Child”, and then Click on “Test History”. All student test scores will appear there.
- STUDENTS can view test scores on myStudent: on the left side, click on “My Information” and then click on “Test History”. All student test scores will appear there.
Fall 2020 DE (May 17 2020)
- Please access the district website which contains the Fall Online Registration Worksheet for important upcoming dates and deadlines for Fall Registration.
- Students must send their online registration worksheet to the school counselor via email for review and approval — schedule with Mrs. Pinsky to discuss courses https://calendly.com/pinsky-lolhs/virtual-individual-counseling
- Please use this document to find the dates and times for fall registration.
- Students who are taking an online course for the first time must complete the online readiness course through Canvas. Completion of the PHSC online readiness course is required prior to registering in any online dual enrollment courses. Given that PHSC courses may only be available online this fall, all students should access and complete the online readiness course NOW.
- Completion of the Student Orientation online is also REQUIRED for all DE students. Students who have not completed this course will not be able to register for Fall courses.
- Visit https://admissions.phsc.edu/start/high-school/dual-enroll/faq to access directions on how to complete the orientation.