Welcome RBSMS Bulldogs!
On Tuesday, March 13th, we’ll kick off Articulation with a Pep Rally here at RBSMS! Our cheerleaders will welcome you and we’ll have a morning of fun and information to help get you ready for middle school next year! Then that evening, bring your family to our Parent University Night to meet our teachers and tour our program!
Below is information needed for articulating to the next grade:
8th Grade Packet and Activity timeline:
||May 4 4pm–2am
|Yearbook Signing Party
||May 11 2pm
|8th gr dance
||May 19 6-9pm
|8th gr Clap out
Our super school counselors are: Stephanie Holzum (6th, AVID); Jewl-Lee Lessem (7th); and Amy Pinsky (8th, Infinity). Because this week also celebrates Student Services staff, we celebrate Dr. Preece, Mrs Campbell, and Ms. Webb.
Below is the articulation calendar for all students entering RBSMS as 6th grade next year, for students moving up a grade here next year, and for those articulating up to 9th grade high school next year. Those 8th grade students interested in applying for Career Academies should contact the high school for application information ASAP (starting in January) <click for link of academies at each high school>.
- 1/25: 8th-9th: Field trip to WCHS for zoned students
- 2/01: ALL: School choice window opens for Pasco County
- 8th-9th: WCHS presents course cards to zoned students
- 2/06: 8th-9th: PHS Parent presentation (curriculum fair) 6pm
- 2/15: 8th-9th: ZHS presentation for zoned students (& to SAC)
- 2/23: 8th-9th: ZHS Course Cards due to Ms. Pinsky
- 2/27: 8th-9th: WCHS online registration for zoned students
- 3/01: 8th-9th: ZHS Parent Night at ZHS Gym (6pm)
- 5th-6th: Holzum/Pinsky at NRES (course cards) 2pm
- 3/07: 5th-6th: Holzum/Pinsky at CWTES (course cards) 10:30
- 3/08: 5th-6th: Holzum/Pinsky at WZES (course cards) 10:00a
- Holzum/Pinsky at WES (course cards) 2:30pm
- 3/09: 6th-7th and
- 7th-8th: Counselors RBSMS presentation on course cards
- 3/13: 5th-6th: AM Pep Rally at RBSMS Gymnasium
- 3/13: 5th-6th: Parent University at RBSMS
- 3/13: 6th-7th and
- 7th-8th: RBSMS Curriculum Fair ( 6th & 7th families)
- 3/15: 5th-6th: Course Cards due to Elem. Counselor
- 3/30: ALL: All Course Cards, Advanced Matrices, All Applications for Infinity, AVID, Yearbook, Recommendations, Peer is DUE
- 4/3: 3:00 Eurythmics Tryouts at ZHS (flags)
On February 2nd, RBSMS students who are on-track in the following areaswill be invited to an On-Track Celebration:
- attendance, and
On Friday, January 26, 2018, 70 students will be recognized for their improvements semester 1 of 2017-2018 in the following categories: academic (no failures 1st semester), attendance (SSW criteria), and behavior (admin criteria). These students who struggled with one or more areas before but who showed vast improvement will be invited to a ceremony with certificates and an ice cream sundae bar. Those students eligible will receive an invitation in their 4th period classroom.
The RBSMS Quarter 2 Honor Roll will take place on Thursday, January 25, 2018 at 9:15 a.m. in the school gymnasium.
January 16-19, 2018 is RBSMS’ Annual Erase The Hate week. Most classrooms decorated their doors for the Door-Decorating contest where they post messages of diversity and acceptance for others. 6th, 7th, and 8th grade ounselors will be in all lunches for activities and for Friday’s Mix-It-Up Day.