- Please access the district website which contains the Fall Online Registration Worksheet for important upcoming dates and deadlines for Fall Registration.
- Students must send their online registration worksheet to the school counselor via email for review and approval — schedule with Mrs. Pinsky to discuss courses https://calendly.com/pinsky-lolhs/virtual-individual-counseling
- Please use this document to find the dates and times for fall registration.
- Students who are taking an online course for the first time must complete the online readiness course through Canvas. Completion of the PHSC online readiness course is required prior to registering in any online dual enrollment courses. Given that PHSC courses may only be available online this fall, all students should access and complete the online readiness course NOW.
- Completion of the Student Orientation online is also REQUIRED for all DE students. Students who have not completed this course will not be able to register for Fall courses.
- Visit https://admissions.phsc.edu/start/high-school/dual-enroll/faq to access directions on how to complete the orientation.
- If you are not on my Remind, you should join: text @lolhs2022k to the number 81010
- Here are a hodgepodge of messages I’ve posted (in random order):
Recent Remind posts for Class of 2022
Pasco eSchool Student Registration Guide
- Visit flvs.net and click “Enroll” in the top right navigation.
- Enrollment pop-up window: • Select “Grades 6-12” next to County Virtual School
- Get started New students:
- Select “New Students Start Here”
- Customize your catalog by selecting your state, county, and student type
- Click “Continue” Returning students:
- If you have an existing login, input your username and password
- Click “Log In”
- Enroll in courses:
Click on desired course to view more details, such as Description, Topics and Concepts, Prerequisites, and more.
- Choose the semesters (1, 2, or Both)
- If applicable, check the box verifying you meet noted prerequisites
- Select your preferred start date
- Select Florida Virtual School or your County Virtual School
- Click “Continue”
- Follow the prompts by selecting:
• Your reason(s) for enrolling with FLVS
• If this course is on your physical school schedule • How you heard about FLVS
• Click “Continue”
- Review your backpack:
- Review courses selected, including start dates and semesters chosen
- Click “Edit” to make changes or “Delete” to remove from My Backpack
- To sign up for more, click “Add More Courses” and follow same process
- Click “Continue” Returning students, please skip to step #11
7. Create your account:
- Click “Create My Account”
- Complete all the fields onscreen (Anything with an orange * is required)
- Click “Sign Up”
- Write down your Username and Password 8. Complete your student information:
- Complete all the fields onscreen (Anything with an orange * is required)
- Click “Next” when you complete each page 9. Complete your parent/guardian information:
- Complete all the fields in the next screen (Anything with an orange * must be filled in)
- Click “Next” when you complete each page 10. Select your race/ethnicity:
The Department of Education requires this information • Select appropriate boxes
• Click “Next” 11. Verify that all information is correct, and click “Continue” 12. Review the student and parent/guardian commitments: • Check the appropriate boxes
• Click “Submit” 13. Completeyourregistration:
• To finalize registration and place you with an instructor, the following verification is required:
» Homeschool students: guardian verification
» Public, Private, or Charter School students: guidance verification
You can review selections by clicking “View Course Request Summary.”
PERT Testing: Currently all in-person student services at PHSC campuses, including testing, are suspended until at least April 15th. The school district will be kept apprised of any changes going forward and will communicate those changes to staff.
- PASCO DUAL ENROLLMENT PAGE (START HERE!!): http://www.pasco.k12.fl.us/oll/page/dual-enrollment
- REGISTRATION WORKSHEET: http://www.pasco.k12.fl.us/library/oll/Summer_2020_Dual_Enrollment_Online_Registration_Worksheet3_1.pdf
- PHSC Gen Ed Courses for AA degree: http://www.pasco.k12.fl.us/library/oll/PHSC_General_Education_Requirements_2018_FINAL.pdf
- DE Textbook Pickup https://livepascok12fl.sharepoint.com/:w:/s/OLL_Resources/EYcWg65QEnxPh2Owd-2m8KkBCoaLD-CLoh7f29UvLOqBwQ?rtime=rfxpj3Hd10g
- DE PHSC-DSBPC Agreement 2019-2020 http://www.pasco.k12.fl.us/library/oll/2019-2020_DE_Agreement_District_School_Board_of_Pasco_County_.pdf
- PHSC AP/AICE Exam Equivalency (College credits for exam scores) https://admissions.phsc.edu/sites/default/files/documents/external-credit-awards-apaiceib.pdf
- PERT Scores chart http://www.pasco.k12.fl.us/library/oll/Student_Testing_and_Placement_Chart_FALL_2019_Revised_9-11-191.pdf
Ms. Colon is available to answer questions about college and career! Take time to for some virtual college tours and take career inventories.
Student Services team members are available Monday through Friday to meet any needs that may arise. If you need assistance, please contact your grade level counselor between the hours of 8AM-4PM.
Below is our contact information:
- 9th Grade: Kristin Mahoney – (813) 485-6858 firstname.lastname@example.org
- 10th Grade: Amy Pinsky – (813) 778-5416 email@example.com
- 11th Grade: Val Abram – (813) 485-6506 firstname.lastname@example.org
- 12th Grade: Cameron Moody – (813) 815-3864 email@example.com
- IB 9th – 12th: Jillian Baker – (813) 485-6250 firstname.lastname@example.org
- School Social Worker: Jen Gobeli – (813) 501-7787 email@example.com
If you need immediate assistance after 4PM, our student services team members are on call Monday through Friday until 8PM.
Monday: Jillian Baker, Cameron Moody (Backup: Jen Gobeli)
Tuesday: Jen Gobeli, Kristin Mahoney (Backup: Cameron Moody)
Wednesday: Amy Pinsky, Jen Gobeli (Backup: Jillian Baker)
Thursday: Kristin Mahoney, Val Abram (Backup: Amy Pinsky)
Friday: Cameron Moody, Val Abram (Backup: Jillian Baker)
- Distance Learning begins 3/31 for all students. View video by Ms. Glenn describing the asynchronous learning model.
- State testing including 10th FSA ELA has been suspended.
- AP exams will take place at home — daily AP reviews posted on Youtube.com/advancedplacement by College Board to prepare for exams
- DE classes are now entirely online — see SmartThinking for online tutoring
- Coenrolled Adult Ed will continue for students in credit recovery
- Managing Your Time: Creating a plan isn’t always easy, this worksheet helps students learn the tips and tricks of time management.
- Note Taking Skills: Taking notes is critical, especially during a time of learning challenges. This worksheet provides students with all the details needed to be an effective note taker.
- Developing Study Skills: There are eight key components to studying. This worksheet walks students through each step and allow them to develop those skills.
Being a teenager during this time of social and physical distancing is developmentally difficult.
Also, if you are not on my Remind: you’ve missed a significant number of postings about exams (AP, FSA ELA, and EOCs) as well as the district’s rollout of distance learning, which starts for students on March 31st, with electronics distribution at school on 3/30 for students with no other access to online learning. To join my Remind, text the message @LOLHS2022 to the number 81010
Resources for Parents and Students
Parents: We know this time will be difficult for you as well, so we want to provide you with some resources to use while your students are at home:
- Pasco Community Resource Guide
- Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
- Crisis Text line: Text HOME to 741741
- Teen-Teen Hotline: 310-855-4673 or text TEEN to 839863
- Online Support Groups: http://www.mentalhealthamerica.net/find-support-groups
Ideas for students while at home:
- Write a Letter to a Friend or Family Member!
- Make a List of Things You’re Grateful For!
- Read a Book or Magazine…for fun!
- Have a Dance Party with Friends via FaceTime!
- Disconnect from Social Media…even if it’s just for 30 minutes!
- Center Yourself When Things Get Overwhelming By Practicing Mindfulness Techniques
- Virtually Tour Museums: Google Arts and Culture
- Virtually Visit the Zoo: Cincinnati Zoo Home Safari Each day at Noon on Facebook
ABOVE ALL ELSE, TAKE CARE OF YOURSELVES. WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER — REACH OUT FOR HELP WHEN NEEDED.