Senior class presentations included information on graduation, initial credit-earning and credit recovery/replacement, graduation plans, post-secondary information (enlistment, employment, enrollment) including ASVAB, college application/financial aid/scholarship process, and how to pursue more information.
District DE website: http://www.pasco.k12.fl.us/oll/page/dual-enrollment. This is an important website to peruse — there’s a lot of information here.
- PLEASE check your Dynamic Forms for denied class comments to see if you need to submit a new one with changes based on the comments.
- It is not too late to submit a new dynamic form, but it must be approved by me, your parent, and the advisor Ms. Raulerson (Ms. Bridger’s not our PHSC advisor) before you are able to register, so if you’re doing a new one, I recommend completing it soon.
- Dynamic forms are NOT registration… you do not have those classes yet. You must register for them (except for ENC1101 & AMH2010 – I register you for those once you’ve done the Dynamic Form).
REGISTRATION Monday 8/2:
Here is the step-by-step guide to register for the DE classes approved on your Dynamic Form this Monday 8/2: https://livepascok12fl-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/ljoustra_pasco_k12_fl_us/ES2x-5NvsY1Dhb3GoqZf27sBw4aQri06Q6W7QpMk3WE1CA?e=dj404w
Here is the link that shows what time you need to register on 8/2: https://livepascok12fl.sharepoint.com/:w:/s/OLL_Resources/EVZGvCN01WRDic8IygkcuboBHNZYi88ou9aUYNm-QOC30w?e=XqNTuu
You are only able to register for the classes approved on your dynamic form (ENC1101 & AMH2010 do not need to register, only complete a dynamic form).
You will not be able to register if you have not completed your online readiness and your de orientation to canvas classes. Complete those now if you haven’t already.
YOU MUST SEND TO ME A SCREENSHOT OF YOUR PHSC COURSES that you successfully register for on 8/2 so that your LOLHS schedule can mimic what you’ve gotten online. Remember, I can’t just move LOLHS classes around willynilly – you will need to work your PHSC classes around the LOLHS schedule — your LOLHS schedule is visible on myStudent. Be sure that you are not putting an off-campus DE class in the middle of your on-campus LOLHS schedule.
If you have some on-LOLHS-campus classes and some off-campus classes, you must have reliable transportation for the entire semester – students with OFF-campus courses (OJT, eSchool off-campus, PHSC off-campus) cannot be on LOLHS campus during those periods.
Summer 2021 DE Registration
Summer Dual Enrollment registration season is upon us.
Summer Dual Enrollment is open to current 9th, 10th, and 11th grade students who meet eligibility criteria, even if currently enrolled in DE.
- GPA ≥3.0
- earned eligible scores on PERT/SAT/ACT http://www.pasco.k12.fl.us/library/oll/Student_Testing_and_Placement_Chart_FALL_2019_Revised_9-11-191.pdf
Students are encouraged to input up to 14 DE courses based on course requests. 11th grade DE students may only:
- register for Term III (5/11-7/20)
- enroll in no more than 8 credit hours (online or face to face).
Please access the district website which contains the Summer Online Registration Worksheet for important upcoming dates and deadlines for Summer Registration. http://www.pasco.k12.fl.us/oll/page/dual-enrollment
- Complete the online readiness course through Canvas. Completion of the PHSC online readiness course is required prior to registering in any online dual enrollment courses. We highly encourage all students to access and complete the online readiness course now.
- Completion of the Student Orientation online is also REQUIRED for all DE students. Students who have not completed this course will not be able to register for Summer courses. Visit https://admissions.phsc.edu/start/high-school/dual-enroll/faq to access directions on how to complete the orientation.
- General Info about the PERT: https://testing.phsc.edu/exam/common/pert
- Link to sign up for PERT through PHSC: https://www2.registerblast.com/phsc/Exam/List
- Free PERT study guide: http://www.fldoe.org/core/fileparse.php/7533/urlt/pert-studentstudyguide.pdf
- Free PERT Review Booklet for Mathematics: https://valenciacollege.edu/students/assessments/documents/PERTmathbookletUPDATE.pdf
- Here is a narrated presentation by Ms. Joustra on Dual Enrollment https://livepascok12fl-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/ljoustra_pasco_k12_fl_us/ES2x-5NvsY1Dhb3GoqZf27sBw4aQri06Q6W7QpMk3WE1CA?e=dj404w
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE 3/26
For Peers as Partners and for Leadership Skills classes, you must complete an application and be approved by Ms. Mendenhall and administration.
Peers as Partners: tutoring students in class.
Leadership Skills: working in the front office, student services or in the media as an office helper.
This (20202021-Sr-Registration-Info) is the presentation: see below for registration dates!
This (12th-Grade-Course-Card-20-21) is the course card. On campus will have their academic histories given during class registration. MSOL should have received their academic history by USPS mail prior to the class registration date.
COURSE CARD & COURSE DESCRIPTIONS: Above is the course card for senior year (side 1 and side 2). Please review what options are appropriate with your parents and current teachers to gain recommendations. Class descriptions are linked to each class above on the presentation.
Students type their own selections into myStudent during class, so be sure to have the academic history that was mailed home with you so you will know what to enter. Use unmet requirements to guide your course selections for next year.
PARENT ZOOM: We will host a Zoom Q&A Parent session next Wednesday 2/24 at 6pm to review course offerings for senior year. You must pre-register on this form to receive the Zoom link: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=aaJT4khSVE6bZ7duOoYiIEA32H2SfXxEsXXZ-v2V9HBUNkc2UDMxRzVJSzRUMEs1U1BWUENNTFNDUi4u
CLASS REGISTRATION SCHEDULE: Class presentations and registration will occur by English class:
- 2/24 6pm: Parent Nite Q & A –MUST preregister to get a link by email
- Weaver & Hicks: Thursday 2/25
- Hiltz: Friday 2/26
- Haynes: Monday 3/1
- Babij: Wednesday 3/3
There are a few different options for tutoring help with homework:
- https://freestemtutoring.org/ this is a free tutoring online program that some of our students are a part of.
- https://riveraattatutor.wixsite.com this is the site that our students created to use to schedule and provide free tutoring from LOLHS students.
- Then there is SMARTTHINKING online tutoring which is accessed right through your myLearning/Canvas course on the left-hand side. It is very slow but you do work with a real person and they help you step by step. See detailed information below.
- Lastly, you can ALWAYS reach out to your teacher and ask for help and schedule a separate Zoom with them 🙂
Embedded into every student’s myLearning account is 600,000 (six hundred thousand) minutes of free tutoring per student. This tutoring is available every single day, 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. It has a real life tutor there in live time answering questions, helping with science homework or English, or AP Stats, etc.
If you/your child did not pass the FSA ELA graduation exam, there are 3 opportunities for you/your child to pass, AND STUDENTS SHOULD ATTEND and TAKE ADVANTAGE OF EVERY EXAM so that this graduation requirement is met this school year. Those exams are:
FSA ELA 3-day exam — must attend all 3 days to earn a score — check student school email for specific dates. This score, if passed, meets the graduation testing requirements for reading.:
- FSA Writing :Tuesday, February 9 at 7:45 AM in Portable T-9 must attend each day of 2/9, 2/10 and 2/11 to get a score.
- FSA Reading Session 1: Wednesday, February 10 at 7:45 AM in Portable T-9: must attend each day of 2/9, 2/10 & 2/11 to get a score.
- FSA Reading Session 2: Friday, February 12 at 7:45 AM in Portable T-9: must attend each day of 2/9, 2/10 and 2/11 to get a score.
ACT: ACT 3/9, 3/10, 3/11 – must attend each day 3/9, 3/10 and 3/11 — students have TRIPLE the amount of time allowed on this exam… students typically do well on this exam who did not do well on FSA ELA. YOU MUST REGISTER THIS WEEK (by 3/12) to take this exam. Your payment constitutes registration. Pay the $35 fee via Acorn https://www.studentquickpay.com/pasco/ This score, if passed, can meet the graduation testing requirements for both math and reading.
SAT: 3/24. This free, college-reportable score is one day during the school day on our campus. You do not need to register for it or pay. This score, if passed, can be reported to colleges, and can meet the graduation testing requirements for both math and reading.
Are you interested in Dual Enrollment for the summer or your senior year? Is your GPA over 3.00? If the answer is yes to both, you must also have passing scores on the PERT exam.
If you have not taken the PERT, it’s being offered at LOLHS after school on 3/8 & 3/10 — must attend both sections (unless retaking it). Scan the QR code to register — there is limited seating, so don’t delay!!