Summer 2021 DE Registration
Summer Dual Enrollment registration season is upon us.
Summer Dual Enrollment is open to current 9th, 10th, and 11th grade students who meet eligibility criteria, even if currently enrolled in DE.
- GPA ≥3.0
- earned eligible scores on PERT/SAT/ACT http://www.pasco.k12.fl.us/library/oll/Student_Testing_and_Placement_Chart_FALL_2019_Revised_9-11-191.pdf
Students are encouraged to input up to 14 DE courses based on course requests. 11th grade DE students may only:
- register for Term III (5/11-7/20)
- enroll in no more than 8 credit hours (online or face to face).
Please access the district website which contains the Summer Online Registration Worksheet for important upcoming dates and deadlines for Summer Registration. http://www.pasco.k12.fl.us/oll/page/dual-enrollment
- Complete the online readiness course through Canvas. Completion of the PHSC online readiness course is required prior to registering in any online dual enrollment courses. We highly encourage all students to access and complete the online readiness course now.
- Completion of the Student Orientation online is also REQUIRED for all DE students. Students who have not completed this course will not be able to register for Summer courses. Visit https://admissions.phsc.edu/start/high-school/dual-enroll/faq to access directions on how to complete the orientation.
- General Info about the PERT: https://testing.phsc.edu/exam/common/pert
- Link to sign up for PERT through PHSC: https://www2.registerblast.com/phsc/Exam/List
- Free PERT study guide: http://www.fldoe.org/core/fileparse.php/7533/urlt/pert-studentstudyguide.pdf
- Free PERT Review Booklet for Mathematics: https://valenciacollege.edu/students/assessments/documents/PERTmathbookletUPDATE.pdf
- Here is a narrated presentation by Ms. Joustra on Dual Enrollment https://livepascok12fl-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/ljoustra_pasco_k12_fl_us/ES2x-5NvsY1Dhb3GoqZf27sBw4aQri06Q6W7QpMk3WE1CA?e=dj404w
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE 3/26
For Peers as Partners and for Leadership Skills classes, you must complete an application and be approved by Ms. Mendenhall and administration.
Peers as Partners: tutoring students in class.
Leadership Skills: working in the front office, student services or in the media as an office helper.
This (20202021-Sr-Registration-Info) is the presentation: see below for registration dates!
This (12th-Grade-Course-Card-20-21) is the course card. On campus will have their academic histories given during class registration. MSOL should have received their academic history by USPS mail prior to the class registration date.
COURSE CARD & COURSE DESCRIPTIONS: Above is the course card for senior year (side 1 and side 2). Please review what options are appropriate with your parents and current teachers to gain recommendations. Class descriptions are linked to each class above on the presentation.
Students type their own selections into myStudent during class, so be sure to have the academic history that was mailed home with you so you will know what to enter. Use unmet requirements to guide your course selections for next year.
PARENT ZOOM: We will host a Zoom Q&A Parent session next Wednesday 2/24 at 6pm to review course offerings for senior year. You must pre-register on this form to receive the Zoom link: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=aaJT4khSVE6bZ7duOoYiIEA32H2SfXxEsXXZ-v2V9HBUNkc2UDMxRzVJSzRUMEs1U1BWUENNTFNDUi4u
CLASS REGISTRATION SCHEDULE: Class presentations and registration will occur by English class:
- 2/24 6pm: Parent Nite Q & A –MUST preregister to get a link by email
- Weaver & Hicks: Thursday 2/25
- Hiltz: Friday 2/26
- Haynes: Monday 3/1
- Babij: Wednesday 3/3
There are a few different options for tutoring help with homework:
- https://freestemtutoring.org/ this is a free tutoring online program that some of our students are a part of.
- https://riveraattatutor.wixsite.com this is the site that our students created to use to schedule and provide free tutoring from LOLHS students.
- Then there is SMARTTHINKING online tutoring which is accessed right through your myLearning/Canvas course on the left-hand side. It is very slow but you do work with a real person and they help you step by step. See detailed information below.
- Lastly, you can ALWAYS reach out to your teacher and ask for help and schedule a separate Zoom with them 🙂
Embedded into every student’s myLearning account is 600,000 (six hundred thousand) minutes of free tutoring per student. This tutoring is available every single day, 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. It has a real life tutor there in live time answering questions, helping with science homework or English, or AP Stats, etc.
If you/your child did not pass the FSA ELA graduation exam, there are 3 opportunities for you/your child to pass, AND STUDENTS SHOULD ATTEND and TAKE ADVANTAGE OF EVERY EXAM so that this graduation requirement is met this school year. Those exams are:
FSA ELA 3-day exam — must attend all 3 days to earn a score — check student school email for specific dates. This score, if passed, meets the graduation testing requirements for reading.:
- FSA Writing :Tuesday, February 9 at 7:45 AM in Portable T-9 must attend each day of 2/9, 2/10 and 2/11 to get a score.
- FSA Reading Session 1: Wednesday, February 10 at 7:45 AM in Portable T-9: must attend each day of 2/9, 2/10 & 2/11 to get a score.
- FSA Reading Session 2: Friday, February 12 at 7:45 AM in Portable T-9: must attend each day of 2/9, 2/10 and 2/11 to get a score.
ACT: ACT 3/9, 3/10, 3/11 – must attend each day 3/9, 3/10 and 3/11 — students have TRIPLE the amount of time allowed on this exam… students typically do well on this exam who did not do well on FSA ELA. YOU MUST REGISTER THIS WEEK (by 3/12) to take this exam. Your payment constitutes registration. Pay the $35 fee via Acorn https://www.studentquickpay.com/pasco/ This score, if passed, can meet the graduation testing requirements for both math and reading.
SAT: 3/24. This free, college-reportable score is one day during the school day on our campus. You do not need to register for it or pay. This score, if passed, can be reported to colleges, and can meet the graduation testing requirements for both math and reading.
Are you interested in Dual Enrollment for the summer or your senior year? Is your GPA over 3.00? If the answer is yes to both, you must also have passing scores on the PERT exam.
If you have not taken the PERT, it’s being offered at LOLHS after school on 3/8 & 3/10 — must attend both sections (unless retaking it). Scan the QR code to register — there is limited seating, so don’t delay!!
February 8th starts the last round of testing for students who have not yet passed their 10th gr FSA ELA and/or the Alg1 EOC. Students who need to test will have received an email in their school email account already.
Students can also take the ACT or SAT and meet/surpass the cutoff scores, they will meet the testing requirement that way. For students who are looking to meet their FSA ELA and/or Alg1EOC test requirements, there are two opportunities coming up in March for testing:
One will be during-the-school-day ACT testing on 3/9-3/11 (3 days of testing — must attend all in order to earn a score) and the cost is $35. This particular administration of the ACT is NOT reportable to colleges, so it is not for college entrance — this is ONLY eligible for students looking to meet high school testing requirements. Please reach out to me or Ms. Gaete if you’re interested.
The second opportunity is the School Day SAT on 3/24, free to all LOLHS juniors. No registration or fee is needed, and this is for BOTH meeting high school testing requirements AND the score can be reported for college admissions.
Spring adult ed is starting Tuesday 1/19 from 4pm-6pm every Tuesday and Thursday. Eligible students have a GPA below 2.0, have below 15 credits, and/or have a semester grade of D or F in English or Math. Complete, sign & return the form to me ASAP. Student must meet the minimum seat time to earn virtual after-school credit.
Students are not automatically enrolled — parents must complete, sign, and return the form to their counselor by FRIDAY JANUARY 15th