Course Cards for 2019-2020 School Year — next year’s 7th/8th are DUE 2/27
Current 6th & 7th grade Articulation Timeline
Wed 2/20Thu 2/21: Registration in cafeteria:
- 2nd hr: 6th grade
- 3rd hr: 7th grade
- Mon 2/25: Parent Course Card Presentation @ Community Connections
- Wed 2/27: ALL DUE: Course card, applications for Infinity & AVID
Current 8th grade Articulation Timeline
- Wed 1/30: √ Field trip to WCHS for zoned students (Ms. Lessem)
- Thur 1/31: √ WCHS Curriculum Fair for students and families
- Wed 2/6: ZHS course card presentation to 8th grade 1st hr
Current 5th grade Articulation Timeline
- √ Wed 1/30: ES admin/counselors at RBSMS for planning meeting
- Fri 02/15: ES accept/decline Pasco Pathways school choice (Infinity)
- Monday 3/4-Friday 3/7: Elementary Articulation Week
- Mon 3/04 10am Pinsky/Band/AVID presentation at WZES
- 2:15pm Pinsky /Band/AVID presentation at CWTES
- Tues 3/05 10am Pinsky /Band/AVID presentation at Woodland ES
- 2:30pm Pinsky /Band/AVID presentation at NRES
- Thu 3/07 10am Pep Rally in Gym for WZES/WES/CWTES/NRES students
- 5:30pm Parent University evening for students & families
- Thur 3/14: ES Course Cards due to ES (do NOT courier)
- Fri. 03/15: Pinsky goes to ES to collect cards (3/16-3/24 Spring Break)
This week is the last chance to turn in work or retake quizzes before grades are pulled for Quarter 3 Progress Reports.
- Go to myStudent to check your grades .
- Talk to your teachers about what you can turn in for credit and the last day to turn it in.
- Be sure to use your ACT time to ask questions for anything you don’t understand.
On Thursday, January 31st, RBSMS will celebrate its students who earned Honor Roll during Quarter 2 in the gymnasium at 9:00am. Parent invitations were sent home with Quarter 2 report cards.
Counselors will present safety lessons to all students using the Safer Smarter Teens curriculum. Below is more information on the curriculum. Contact your child’s counselor if you have any questions or any information you would like to share.
Welcome back to Quarter 3! Students will receive Semester 2 schedules in their first hour (2nd period) classes Tuesday 01/08.
Some upcoming dates:
- 01/10: Town Hall meetings for 2nd semester’s expectations (teacher escort students to cafeteria at appointed times)
- 01/15: Report cards go home for Q2
- 01/21: Holiday — no school for students/staff
- 01/31: Honor Roll for Q2
Join Remind for updates and school information on upcoming dates!
2/6/19 Update for Infinity Academy applicants:
- Students who received acceptance emails for Infinity: district will update the myStudent account to reflect acceptance.
- Students who were accepted but didn’t yet respond must respond by 2/15.
- Students who applied but didn’t receive an acceptance email will still be considered for open seats.
|Day||10 AM Presentation||PM Presentation|
|Monday 11/26||Woodland ES||New River ES (12:15)|
|Tuesday 11/27||West Zephyrhills ES||Chester Taylor ES (2:00)|
- Students and parents can apply for Infinity at this link until the application window closes
12/143/15: http://tinyurl.com/rbsmsInfinity6 .
- Students and parents can apply for AVID at this link
- Teachers will be contacted for references, the student’s academic, assessment, attendance, and behavioral history will be compiled, and all factors including the student’s essay on the application form will be reviewed in
- Notifications about application status will occur late
JanuaryApril via the parent-provided email from the application.
- Please contact Mrs. Pinsky via email or phone (813 794 6500) if there are any questions about the application process, course cards, electives, or the Infinity Academy program.
SILLY SOCK Monday
Video: Bethany Hamilton
SUPERHERO TUESDAY Video: Chelsie Hightower Pictures:
TWIN/TEAM Wednesday Video: P.O.D. Pictures:
UNITY Day (Orange) Video: Adam Wainwright
Wear RED, Video: Dartanyon Crockett ASSEMBLY Pictures:
2018 RBSMS Red Ribbon Week Guest Jeannine Laurence, MADD’s Power of You(th)