Course Cards for 2019-2020 School Year — next year’s 7th/8th are DUE 2/27
This week is the last chance to turn in work or retake quizzes before grades are pulled for Quarter 3 Progress Reports.
- Go to myStudent to check your grades .
- Talk to your teachers about what you can turn in for credit and the last day to turn it in.
- Be sure to use your ACT time to ask questions for anything you don’t understand.
On Thursday, January 31st, RBSMS will celebrate its students who earned Honor Roll during Quarter 2 in the gymnasium at 9:00am. Parent invitations were sent home with Quarter 2 report cards.
Counselors will present safety lessons to all students using the Safer Smarter Teens curriculum. Below is more information on the curriculum. Contact your child’s counselor if you have any questions or any information you would like to share.
Welcome back to Quarter 3! Students will receive Semester 2 schedules in their first hour (2nd period) classes Tuesday 01/08.
Some upcoming dates:
- 01/10: Town Hall meetings for 2nd semester’s expectations (teacher escort students to cafeteria at appointed times)
- 01/15: Report cards go home for Q2
- 01/21: Holiday — no school for students/staff
- 01/31: Honor Roll for Q2
Join Remind for updates and school information on upcoming dates!
SILLY SOCK Monday
Video: Bethany Hamilton
SUPERHERO TUESDAY Video: Chelsie Hightower Pictures:
TWIN/TEAM Wednesday Video: P.O.D. Pictures:
UNITY Day (Orange) Video: Adam Wainwright
Wear RED, Video: Dartanyon Crockett ASSEMBLY Pictures:
2018 RBSMS Red Ribbon Week Guest Jeannine Laurence, MADD’s Power of You(th)
Erase The Hate Week is our annual event celebrating everyone’s uniqueness and appreciating our differences. We’re celebrating this year from Friday 9/21 daily through Monday 10/1 with a different theme, video, and activities each day, so join us to help build our best school climate! Here’s our introductory SchoolMessenger notice and our kickoff video.
- Friday 9/21 Start With Hello (Counselors on News, & Video)
Monday 9/24 Power of the Bystander — Different is Cool! Tuesday 9/25 Meanness Visible Wednesday 9/26 Meanness Overwhelms (flip negatives to positives) Thursday 9/27 Ask The Question Friday 9/28 Mix It Up At Lunch Monday 10/01 World Blue Shirt Day for Bullying Prevention Counselors on News, Video .