Below is the articulation calendar for all students entering RBSMS as 6th grade next year, for students moving up a grade here next year, and for those articulating up to 9th grade high school next year. Those 8th grade students interested in applying for Career Academies should contact the high school for application information ASAP (starting in January) <click for link of academies at each high school>.
- 1/25: 8th-9th: Field trip to WCHS for zoned students
- 2/01: ALL: School choice window opens for Pasco County
- 8th-9th: WCHS presents course cards to zoned students
- 2/06: 8th-9th: PHS Parent presentation (curriculum fair) 6pm
- 2/15: 8th-9th: ZHS presentation for zoned students (& to SAC)
- 2/23: 8th-9th: ZHS Course Cards due to Ms. Pinsky
- 2/27: 8th-9th: WCHS online registration for zoned students
- 3/01: 8th-9th: ZHS Parent Night at ZHS Gym (6pm)
- 5th-6th: Holzum/Pinsky at NRES (course cards) 2pm
- 3/07: 5th-6th: Holzum/Pinsky at CWTES (course cards) 10:30
- 3/08: 5th-6th: Holzum/Pinsky at WZES (course cards) 10:00a
- Holzum/Pinsky at WES (course cards) 2:30pm
- 3/09: 6th-7th and
- 7th-8th: Counselors RBSMS presentation on course cards
- 3/13: 5th-6th: AM Pep Rally at RBSMS Gymnasium
- 3/13: 5th-6th: Parent University at RBSMS
- 3/13: 6th-7th and
- 7th-8th: RBSMS Curriculum Fair ( 6th & 7th families)
- 3/15: 5th-6th: Course Cards due to Elem. Counselor
- 3/30: ALL: All Course Cards, Advanced Matrices, All Applications for Infinity, AVID, Yearbook, Recommendations, Peer is DUE
- 4/3: 3:00 Eurythmics Tryouts at ZHS (flags)
On February 2nd, RBSMS students who are on-track in the following areaswill be invited to an On-Track Celebration:
- attendance, and
On Friday, January 26, 2018, 70 students will be recognized for their improvements semester 1 of 2017-2018 in the following categories: academic (no failures 1st semester), attendance (SSW criteria), and behavior (admin criteria). These students who struggled with one or more areas before but who showed vast improvement will be invited to a ceremony with certificates and an ice cream sundae bar. Those students eligible will receive an invitation in their 4th period classroom.
The RBSMS Quarter 2 Honor Roll will take place on Thursday, January 25, 2018 at 9:15 a.m. in the school gymnasium.
January 16-19, 2018 is RBSMS’ Annual Erase The Hate week. Most classrooms decorated their doors for the Door-Decorating contest where they post messages of diversity and acceptance for others. 6th, 7th, and 8th grade ounselors will be in all lunches for activities and for Friday’s Mix-It-Up Day.
Below are the parent letters for the second installment this year of the counselor-led classroom presentations of Safer Smarter Teens lessons.
RBSMS counselors have started articulation to and from our feeder schools and finishing class lessons:
- 12/4: Counselors in Meyer’s class for Safer, Smarter Teens
- 12/5: Counselors at WZES promoting AVID/Infinity/Community Connections
- 12/6: Counselors at CWTES promoting AVID/Infinity/Community Connections
- 12/7: Counselors at district training
- 12/8: Counselors at WES and NRES promoting AVID/Infinity/Comm. Connections
- 12/11: Counselor presentation at Community Connections on College-bound
- 12/13: Counselors in Vipperman’s classes for Safer, Smarter Teens
- 12/14: Counselor/Snyder Counselor-led RBSMS Tech Field Trip to ZHS Aviation
- Counselors in Bailey’s classes and in Erdmann’s classes for Safer, Smarter Teens
- 12/18: Counselor in AVID class (7th), and at district training
- 12/19: Counselor in Grenlie’s classes and Williams’ classes for Safer, Smarter Teens
- 12/20: Counselor in Duffy’s classes for Safer, Smarter Teens
- 12/21: Counselors at district training
8th graders and their parents are invited to Parent Information nights at various school locations in the coming month. See Mrs. Pinsky for more information.
Cambridge Dates and Deadlines-FInal
IB Dates and Deadlines Final
On Monday, October 30th, Pasco High School’s Cambridge program will host a night for 8th grade RBSMS parents and students about the opportunities available at Pasco High’s Cambridge program. For more information about this opportunity: http://www.pasco.k12.fl.us/cambridge and http://phs.pasco.k12.fl.us/cambridge/