Scholarship opportunity for students in 8th grade and older. Apply at cirkled.in.com and describe the best summer you’ve ever had… in 3 sentences. Deadline: 7/31/18 . Award amount: $2,500
The Counseling Department wishes all students, staff, and families a fun healthy, safe, and rejuvenating Spring Break!
When classes resume on March 26th, we begin our important, last quarter of the 2017-2018 school year.
How to enroll in an online course: (note: to fulfill the PE requirement — sign up for PERSONAL FITNESS, not Hope):
- Go to Pasco eSchool Course catalog:
- For 8th graders: http://eschool.pasco.k12.fl.us/high-school-courses9-12/ . NOTE: Any virtual course activated prior to July 1 cannot be counted in your high school course schedule for the 2018-2019 school year – even if the course remains active. If you want complete it before the school year starts, enroll now. If you want to work on it during the school year and show on your SCHEDULE, wait until 7/1 to activate your class.
- For 6th-7th graders: http://eschool.pasco.k12.fl.us/middle-school-courses6-8/
- 8th graders enrolling in High School PE, searchfor PERSONALFITNESS (if you are looking to fulfill the 1 whole year credit of PE requirement, first complete Personal Fitness. After completing Personal Fitness, you will need to register/complete semester of Fitness Lifestyle Design, or Outdoor education — see Ms. Pinsky for questions)
- Click the Red “Register Now” button on the right hand column with a parent.
- Complete the form with a parent:
- Name, ID #, DOB, high school course, segment A, if you’re wanting Honors credit (if available), gender, grade level, attending RBSMS
- Date you want to start your course and for “School Counselor”, scroll past all the High School Counselors to select Ms. Pinsky’s name from Middle School Counselor list (if you’re an 8th grader or Infinity. 6th Grade students select Ms. Holzum’s name, 7th grade students select Ms. Lessem’s name).
- Parent then signs the form electronically
- After submitting the form, you and your parent will receive emails from Pasco eSchool to complete the sign up process (this link will help you). YOU MUST CREATE AN ACCOUNT tocomplete the process. Your parent will also create an account (after you have completed yours) and will need your login information in order to link their account to yours.
- Your parent will then need to go on their FLVS account and approve your course request. Click here to begin creating your Parent/Guardian Account -this link will help you do that.
- After parent has approved the course request, contact your school counselor and she’ll verify your enrollment.
- Next, you’ll see on your Dashboard once you’ve been assigned to a teacher. When you have a teacher assigned, be sure to follow the Instructions emailed to you by Pasco eSchool: go on your teacher’s Welcome Page, read that information, SCHEDULE YOUR WELCOME CALL, and look over the Pace chart.
- Using your Pace chart and your calendar, schedule your assignments, DBAs, and assessments into your calendar.
With your parent having a Parent/Guardian Account, they will have:
- 24-7 online access to submitted and/or graded assignments and your child’s grade book
- Monthly phone calls from teachers
- Monthly progress reports emailed to parent emails
- Regular email updates from teachers
- Extensive access to teachers
How to create your Parent/Guardian Account:
- Student Completes Application: First, the student must complete the sign up process. Once the student has completed the online application he/she will receive a Student Username/ Password. You will need this Student Username/ Password to create your Parent/Guardian Account.
- Create your Parent/Guardian Account: Click here to begin creating your Parent/Guardian Account
Our super school counselors are: Stephanie Holzum (6th, AVID); Jewl-Lee Lessem (7th); and Amy Pinsky (8th, Infinity). Because this week also celebrates Student Services staff, we celebrate Dr. Preece, Mrs Campbell, and Ms. Webb.
The RBSMS Quarter 2 Honor Roll will take place on Thursday, January 25, 2018 at 9:15 a.m. in the school gymnasium.