Below are some tips to help have a wonderful, healthy summer:
Make your appointment in July with the school counselor to select courses for the school year — don’t wait until the August rush!!
REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS: MUST PRESENT THESE ITEMS:
- PARENT/GUARDIAN’S DRIVER’S LICENSE
- PROOFS OF RESIDENCY IN THE STEWART MIDDLE SCHOOL ZONE (if Driver’s License address isn’t current) — current utility bill, lease agreement, house contract etc. showing parent/guardian’s name and physical address (PO Boxes are not acceptable)
- 504 Plan/IEP (if applicable) – current IEP & Psychological report.
- REPORT CARD/TRANSCRIPT FROM LAST SCHOOL
IN-STATE (but not Pasco County) Florida TRANSFERS: Students transferring from another Florida school must present these additional items upon registration:
- IMMUNIZATION RECORDS:
|4 DPT + 1 booster||3 POLIO + 1 booster|
|2 MMR||Hepatitis B Series|
|TDAP Booster (7th Grade)||Variciella (chicken pox) – 2 vaccines for 6th gr.|
OUT-OF-STATE TRANSFERS: Students entering a Pasco County School for the first time must have ALL of the above items PLUS the following items:
- CURRENT PHYSICAL – dated and signed by a physician within the last 12 months and specifies heart, lungs and blood pressure. Needs to be more than a statement that reads “child is in good health or normal”.
- VERIFICATION OF BIRTH – Birth Certificate
Scholarship opportunity for students in 8th grade and older. Apply at cirkled.in.com and describe the best summer you’ve ever had… in 3 sentences. Deadline: 7/31/18 . Award amount: $2,500
8th grade essay contest for a chance at a GoPro ending April 27th.
500 words or less: What effects can property taxes have on schools?
Submit your essays to the Back Office.
And the winners of the End the R-Word at RBSMS are:
Nijia Orlandi Breanne Rood Qixalia Howard Destiny Williams Ryan Glover Adam Stringer Josh Pellegrino Kamil Mehrab Emily Kirk Alyssa Baker Jacob Smith
Amelia Palmer Tyler Davis Alyzisha Rodriguez Kelianexis Rodriguez Victoria Smith Hezekiah Patterson Javonte Robinson Lillian Rap Angel Rodriguez Ta’mya Floyd
C lunch: Tiffany Reynolds Lara Velazquez Melodylyn Yazell Alyssa Schroeder LeAnn Sears Marcos Gonzalez Travin Lee Layla Laezza Logan Williams Timberly Steward Caleb Garcia
Because these winners could:
- answer trivia about this week’s videos,
cite the purpose of the campaign,
explain the importance of inclusion, and
list ways to intervene if another person did use the r-word slur
These students signed the pledge banner, wore the Spread The Word bracelet, and won the I Pledge to Respect Everyone t-shirt.
The Counseling Department wishes all students, staff, and families a fun healthy, safe, and rejuvenating Spring Break!
When classes resume on March 26th, we begin our important, last quarter of the 2017-2018 school year.
The Cooke Foundation Young Scholars Program is a selective 5-year, precollege scholarship for high-performing seventh-grade students with financial need. It provides comprehensive academic and college advising, financial support for school, Cooke-sponsored summer programming, internships, and other learning enrichment opportunities that may benefit students during their high school years.
Cooke Young Foundation Scholars Program Eligibility
- Grade level: Currently in seventh grade
- Grades: Mostly A’s with no C’s in sixth and seventh grade
- Testing: Official score report from state standardized testing, SAT®score reports (if applicable)
- Family income: Less than $95,000 annually
- Location: Reside in the U.S. or a U.S. territory and will attend high school in the U.S.
Tell your students to start their applications now. The application deadline is March 21, 2018.
- How To Enroll in an Online Class: http://connectplus.pasco.k12.fl.us/apinsky/2018/02/15/enrolling-in-online-course/
- Course Cards, HS graduation requirements, & scholarships: http://connectplus.pasco.k12.fl.us/apinsky/2018/02/15/course-cards/
- Peer Leader (for 7th to 8th grade) application: https://tinyurl.com/PeerAppRBSMS **select this on your course card
- AVID application: https://tinyurl.com/AVIDappRBSMS
- Infinity application
- Important Articulation Dates: http://connectplus.pasco.k12.fl.us/apinsky/2018/01/26/articulation-for-all-students/