Coronavirus Information for Students
Pasco County Schools will be closed for Spring Break from March 16-March 20. Monday March 23rd is a Teacher Planning Day. Classes are slated to resume for students Tuesday March 24th. More information will be shared if school is closed due to coronavirus. 3/25/2020 UPDATE: Schools closed due to coronavirus. Distance learning starts 3/31.
Hello! I have typed in course requests for junior year 2020-2021.
Please go now on to myStudent to review these entries and let me know right away if errors.
Be sure to change the year in the dropdown menu at the top right. Then look in the left menu: My Information>Class Requests. Please email if there are any changes to be made (e.g.: drop__/add__ or a priority change).
**DUAL ENROLLMENT INFO:
- Dual Enrollment courses will not show as main course requests until EVERY step and sub-step of the DE process is entirely complete.
- In the weeks after Spring Break, more DE information is available for students and families:
- LOLHS Counselors meet with their grade’s students to review the options available.
- PHSC is hosting an Open House on their campus. Date/Time TBD
- LOLHS hosts a Dual Enrollment Info Night at LOLHS. The PHSC Advisor presents information and is available after to answer your questions and guide you through next steps. I’ll send the date out asap.
- Ms. Garcia has a Remind for Dual Enrollment.
- Unsure of a career after graduation or a major?
- Interested in enlisting in the military?
On March 10th, students who are 16 years old and over can sign up to take ASVAB Career Exploration .
Are you interested in On-the-Job Training or being a BCE student? Did you request OJT on your course card?
Your next step is to complete the application process and hiring process. Your course card is NOT an application. See for more information:
1. How students apply for BCE and OJT:
2. The hiring process and program guidelines:
3/25/2020 UPDATE: AP Exam Review is cancelled. Today starts online AP Reviews by College Board on their Youtube channel. AP Exams will be taken at home. More info to follow.
As of 3/5/2020, AP Exams begin in 60 days. Students in AP classes will want to begin preparing for their AP exams now, if they haven’t already.
- On Saturday, 3/28 at 8:00AM, Pasco Schools is offering their annual AP Review Day with sessions focused on many of the AP exam areas.
- FIRST-COME FIRST-SERVED limited availability — don’t wait to sign up or it may be closed. STEP 1: go to https://apreviewday2020.sched.com and login/create account. STEP2: select your sessions.
AP exams begin Monday May 4th 2020. See above image for schedule
- The Powerpoint from Parent Night and from classroom presentation has been posted as pictures at the bottom of the Class Presentations post: https://connectplus.pasco.k12.fl.us/apinsky/2020/02/pinsky-class-presentations/
- CHANGING your selections for junior year’s course card? That’s great! You SHOULD absolutely review your course selections with your family and with your current teachers for their advice. Do not submit multiple changes — just email your FINAL choices to me at email@example.com and I’ll attach the email to your course card.
- ABSENT during your class presentation? On Monday 3/2, I finish seeing all students who haven’t yet completed course card – passes are already written for 1st 5th and 6th – please don’t just show up.
- If you have not been seen by me for course card selection by the end of Monday 3/2, please let me know (via email, Remind, or in person via Ms. Canter, the Student Services secretary and she’ll let me know).
QUESTIONS about your selections? If you have a question, the easiest and fastest way to get an answer is to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org – if it’s something you must discuss or must see me about in person, complete an appointment request https://lolhs.pasco.k12.fl.us/mform/view.php?id=47877 — I do want to let you know that I have 4,000+ course request entries to review individually and enter in — and must meet a deadline, so I will have extremely limited availability.
Happiness Calendar by Greater Good — for added happiness this month: https://greatergood.berkeley.edu/images/uploads/March_2020__Happiness_Calendar.pdf
- Friday 2/21: 1, 2 & 4 Babij. 5 Roach. 6 Reyes & off-campus
- Monday 2/24: Hicks’ classes
- Wednesday 2/26: Krupyak/Land’s classes
- Friday 2/28: Absentees, etc.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED:
- Who’s Who in the Class of 2022 Student Services
- Graduation Requirements: review updated transcript
- Credits to be on track: 9
- GPA to be on track: > 2.0
- EOCs: Alg, Bio, US Hist, Geom
- 10th grade Eng FSA
- Assessments: PSAT results – CollegeBoard or myStudent (more info with direct links available on my Remind)
- Academic Course Selection
- Traditional, Honors, DE, AP
- Elective & Academy Options
Please join us for Parent Information Night for the Class of 2022 (current sophomores) and Class of 2023 (current freshmen) to talk about course selection options for next year. Students will select their classes the following week during English class, so it’s important to review the choices as a family . We’d love to see you!