Having a work force that is knowledgeable and customer-focused ensures that Pasco County students have nutritious, safe, and high-quality menu selections in warm, welcoming, and fun environments.
The importance of professional development cannot be overemphasized, especially in the child nutrition field. By participating in professional development and keeping abreast of child nutrition changes, nutrition advancements, techniques and knowledge in the profession, employees become valuable school nutrition professionals
and have more career advancement opportunities. Professional development is available for every school nutrition employee, regardless of his or her current position and work location.
Training is a great tool to encourage career advancement for employees as well as professional development. One of these opportunities is our manager internship program. Our program includes rotations at multiple school sites, with a variety of in-depth classroom and hands on trainings. To apply for this program, applicants MUST HAVE ONE YEAR EXPERIENCE with Pasco County Food and Nutrition Department and/or an EXTERNAL EQUIVALENT of managerial experience. Applicants should apply if they are committed to pursuing a career/advancement with the FNS team. For more information, please contact Team Development (ext.42536).
Manager Internship Graduates
Key Performance Indicators
Professional development courses are organized into eight key areas.
· Key Area 1: General School Food Service
· Key Area 2: Safety and Sanitation
· Key Area 3: Cooking Principles
· Key Area 4: Menu Planning and Production
· Key Area 5: Nutrition Wellness
· Key Area 6: Communication and Marketing
· Key Area 7: Finance and Technology
· Key Area 8: Leadership Development
You can find other professional development opportunities and materials at the following recommended websites:
· SNA is the professional association for employees. SNAP is the local chapter which offers meetings and events monthly.
· FDACS is the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, which is the state agency implementing the state school nutrition programs. FDACS provides online and classroom training opportunities to districts.