This week (June 25th – June 28th) is our 2018 Leadership Academy training. This training occurs every June and is offered to all employees who want to proactively grow their leadership skills and are contemplating a path of advancement within Pasco County Schools Food and Nutrition Services.
In this 4-day Leadership training, attendees receive the following education:
- Learn an approach to embracing more individual change and better habits, yielding more productive behaviors and results.
- Focus energy on what you can change, take responsibility, and have accountability for your choices in life.
- Understand the styles of communication in the workplace.
- Define vision and values, set measurable team and personal goals, align goals to priorities, and obtain desired outcomes.
- Develop personal trustworthiness in the pursuit of long-term relationships and team building.
- Listen with the intent to understand others as the first step in communicating viewpoints effectively and understand stressors in the workplace.
- Learn the ten steps of effective listening and its values.
- Activities throughout the program that involves breathing exercises, role playing scenarios, and how to build a resume.
- A variety of guest speakers throughout the program discussing personal techniques and values.
- Establish valuable, lasting professional relationships with your fellow participants and co-workers.