The more scholarships you apply for, the more likely you are to receive money for your education. I encourage you to apply for a handful or more of these scholarships to help you on your way to earning a degree with less financial stress.
Great Scholarship Search Websites:
General Scholarship Application click below:
Current Available Scholarships:
Bulldog Booster Club Athletic Scholarship-Due May 10th, 2019
See application and rubric attached below. You may also pick up an application packet from the Office of School Counseling.
Turn in application and essay to Mrs. Simons on or before May 10th.
ZHS Principal’s Scholarships- Due May 10th, 2019
Essays must be turned into Mrs. Simons on or before May 10th, 2019.
Leadership Scholars -Two Awards Available – Candidates need to write an essay about leadership roles they have held and why the believe they deserve the scholarship.
Bulldog PRIDE Scholars -Two Awards Available – Candidates need to write an essay about hardships they have overcome and how they have had to persevere to get to graduation.
Martin Luther King Activity Scholarship-Due May 14th, 2019
What an exciting time in your life! Going to college or a vocational school is a life changing event and the Martin Luther King Activity Scholarship Committee hope that we can assist you in achieving your educational goals.
- *African American Students graduating from High School in Pasco County
- *African American Students with a GPA of 2.5 or above
- *Write an essay consisting of 500 words explaining your need for the MLK Scholarship. Please include volunteer hours as well as School activities, such as clubs or sports. (typed)
- *Official Transcript showing GPA
- *Acceptance letter from an accredited college, university, or vocational school
- *Reference Letter from a teacher, pastor, counselor, or employer. (No family members)
- *Application Deadline May 14, 2019
- MARTIN LUTHER KING APP 2019
As part of our service to African American Students, the Martin Luther King Activity Committee offers educational scholarships to prospective students attending a college, university, or vocational school in the United States of America. Awards can range up to $500.00. A Scholarship committee, headed by the President of the Martin Luther King Activity Committee, will review all application packets. The Martin Luther King Activity Committee Scholarship awards shall be limited to two awards for undergraduate studies.
Some Helpful Tips…
Send the completed application packet by the deadline, May 14, 2019 to Martin Luther King Activity Committee, P. O. Box 453, Dade City, Florida, 33526.
Proofread, proofread, and proofread! The Scholarship committee considers spelling and grammar when reviewing applications.
If you need help don’t be afraid to ask! A high school counselor or your parents may be of service. Also, feel free to email me with any questions. (email@example.com)
Applications for the 2019 Martin Luther King Activity Committee Scholarship WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AFTER May 14, 2019.
College Board Opportunity Scholarship- Various Due Dates
- Build Your College List: $500: Get started by exploring colleges you’re interested in.
- Practice for the SAT: $1,000: Use Official SAT Practice on Khan Academy to get ready for test day.
- Improve Your Score: $2,000: Show how practice pays off by improving your SAT score.
- Strengthen Your College List: $500: Make sure your college list has a mix of academic safety, fit, and reach schools.
- Complete the FAFSA: $1,000: Fill out the free government form to apply for financial aid.
- Apply to Colleges: $1,000: Apply to the schools you want to attend.
- $2,800 tuition scholarship available to 2018 high school seniors enrolled in a Career and Technical Education (CTE). Click here for more information.
- $1,000 tuition scholarship available to one 2018 high school senior at each high school in Florida and Georgia. Click here for more information.
PHSC Foundation Scholarships
The PHSC Foundation offers more than 220 endowed scholarships and over 50 annual scholarships which are made possible through generous contributions from local private businesses, foundations, civic organizations, and individuals.
Scholarships are awarded by the Financial Aid Office with the assistance of the online scholarship program software that matches the applications with the scholarship criteria designed by the donors. These matches are then provided to the scholarship selection committee, a cross-section of PHSC staff and faculty who make the final decision.
Students may apply online for a Foundation scholarship. The priority deadline for applying for a Foundation scholarship is the second Friday in April. Many scholarships are based on demonstrated financial need as established by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), so all students are encouraged to complete the online FAFSA.
“B. Davis Scholarship”-Due May 24, 2019
The TFC Scholarship – $1,000 Award-Due June 1st, 2019
Link to Apply: https://www.tfctitleloans.com/tfc-title-loans-scholarship/
How To Apply: You will be submitting 900-minimum- word essay about “My New Business Endeavor” 2019 Scholarship Topic: Pitch us a business plan for a sensational new business endeavor that you consider would be profitable.
Eligibility: To qualify for TFC Scholarship you must be enrolled in an accredited undergraduate creditable university/college.
Application details: Along with your essay we also ask that you include:
- 1.Your university name
- 2.Class year
- 3.Contact information
- 5.A copy of your transcripts (official or unofficial).
Send all materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
The winner will receive $1,000.
The deadline for submissions is 1st June 2019
GTE Financial High School Senior Scholarship- Due June 1st, 2019
- This scholarship is for GTE members that are high school seniors. If you have any questions please contact the GTE Foundation’s Scholarship’s Team at email@example.com
- GTE Student-Scholarship-Flyer-2019
- Applicant must be a high school senior.
- Must be a GTE Financial Member. For more information on how to become a GTE Financial member please visit www.gtefinancial.org/students and click join at the top of the page
- Applicant must have at least a 2.0 GPA.
Abbott and Fenner Scholarship Program- Due June 14th, 2019
Abbott & Fenner Business Consultants are pleased to be able to continue with our scholarship program for the 12th year.
BigSun Scholarship – Due June 19, 2019
The Chairish “Design Your Future” Scholarship-Due June 30th, 2019
Chairish is offering a $2,500 scholarship award (see details below). To apply, applicants must meet the minimum eligibility requirements and complete the application for the scholarship award by the application deadline.
Chairish is committed to helping college students achieve their dreams. If you are overcoming obstacles to earn a college degree, we want to hear from you! Students from all majors are encouraged to apply, but preference will be given to applicants pursuing design and engineering-related fields.
Altec Design Web Scholarship – Due July 15, 2019
Scholarship Brief: We are proud to announce our 3rd annual Altec Design Web Scholarship. This opportunity is open to students pursuing any major at an accredited institution. The winner will be awarded $750 to pursue their education. Please apply by 7/15/19 by filling out our application form on our website.
- Student must be enrolled in any accredited institution for Fall 2019 (any major)
- Must complete essay of no more than 1,000 words
- Must include recent photo
- Authorize Altec Design to publish photo and essay on website if selected as winner
- Winner will be chosen by internal committee. Points will be awarded based on original, creative ideas communicated in submitted essays.
- Essay Topic: How do you foresee the internet changing your chosen career in the next 20 years?
Award: $750 (to be mailed to winner’s institution) Here is our scholarship application page to be referenced: https://www.altecdesign.com/#web-scholarship
Additionally, here is a link to a printable PDF regarding our scholarship for any interested students: https://www.altecdesign.com/altec-design-web-scholarship.pdf