LOLHS Gators – College, Career, and Life Ready
- Please explain the recruiting process – start to finish.
- Potential recruits: Why should I join the Army?
- Do you have any special incentives to join?
- What’s the Future Soldier program?
- Which option is best for me: Army active duty, Army Reserve or ROTC?
Basic Combat Training
- What really goes on in Basic Combat Training?
- What’s the balance between classroom and physical training?
- What kind of condition do you have to be in at the start?
- What are the physical standards candidates have to meet?
- What are training and drill sergeants like today?
- What percent of people who start actually graduate?
- Can two friends go through basic at the same time?
- Women: Do women receive “military haircuts” too?
The First Term
- How long does the first term last? Do you have programs of different lengths?
- Can an entrant choose the military job he/she wants? How is the job assignment made?
- Can you describe a couple of jobs? I want to understand what people actually do in the Army.
- Can a trainee choose to serve overseas?
- How much does a new recruit get paid, and what are the benefits?
- How often are service people promoted?
- What kind of training comes after basic?
- How good are your military job-training schools?
- What are all the ways a service member can earn college credits during enlistment?
- What are your tuition support programs? How does an entrant qualify for them?