Drill Team Coach:
Major Chad Cooper
Drill Team Captain: Cadet
Drill Team Assistants:
“Mess with the best, lose the rest!”
The Purpose of drill is to enable a commander to move his/her unit from one place to another in an orderly manner; to aid in disciplinary training by instilling habits of precision and response to the leader’s orders; and to provide for the development of all cadets in the practice of commanding.
A: Must Maintain a 2.0 GPA or working towards, by the end of 1st Semester
B: Attend 90% of scheduled of all practices and all scheduled events
C: $9.00 No Later Than September 30th for a T-Shirt
D: Arrive to practice, ready to go and in dress code
E: Must participate in team celebration prior to 1st drill meet
2020-2021 School Year Drill Team Competitions
No more competitions.
A: Attend 90% of practices leading up to the 1st competition
A: Compete in Area 9 Drill Meet (Districts)
B: Attend 90% of practices
Failure to follow team regulations will result in dismissal from the drill team and return of the drill cord.
The Drill Team commander should have had at least two years of experience in the Drill Team and be knowledgeable with its procedures and functions. The specific duties of the Commander are to:
A: Coordinate with the AI for all Drill Team practices, performances, exams and practical exercises, wearing of the uniform and submitting recommendations for the appointment of competition drill and color guard commanders.
B: Explicitly knowledgeable with applicable Drill and Ceremony procedures.
C: Supervise the Drill Team/Color Guard at all times.
D: Train the members of the Drill Team to perform all movements and requirements with precision, snap, and unison.
E: Coordinate with the Battalion Sergeant Major and S-3 for proper posting of Drill Team Participation.
To qualify for the Anclote High School JROTC Varsity Letter, a cadet must qualify for the Drill Team Ribbon, Color Guard Ribbon, or Raiders Team Ribbon for 2 years.
DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY
US ARMY JROTC ABTTALION, ANCLOTE HIGH SCHOOL
1540 SWEETBRAIAR DR. HOLIDAY FL 34691
MEMORANDUM FOR RECORD : Drill SOP
This packet is designed to lay out the rules of this team. These rules will be enforced, if you choose to not follow them there will be consequences.
- Two unexcused absences and you will not march in the following competition, you will have to work to earn your spot back. NO EXCEPTIONS .
- Your decorations and membership on this are not a right, they are a privilege that can be taken away at any time.
- Being late to any practice, missing competitions, lack of discipline, and disrespect will not be tolerated. These will result in loss of your cord, tab, and possibly loss of marching, ask to leave the team.
- Everyone will go to the JROTC room to drop bags off, pick up equipment, then go straight to the field, unless instructed otherwise.
- Practices will always end at 4:30.
- Expect to be down at the field by 3:10.
- Practice will start no later than 3:20.
- At each practice, you will get a 10 minute break, misusing this break or returning late will result in an essay explaining the importance of being on time for the training and or being responsible.
- Practices will be held every Monday and Wednesday until November, however these dates are subject to change
- We are one team, we will practice as such. this means both females and males will practice at the same time. We will be civil towards one another. NO DRAMA on the field.
- To excuse an absence or being late you must have it approved prior to the practice by Wilson or Howard. myself or Sergeant Royal are to be used as last resort.
- Once a week we will be a study hall during practice. Boys will participate while females march and vice versa.
- You must be passing all of your classes by the end of each quarter, you must maintain a 2.0 GPA to march in the District/State Drill meat.
- If participating on a school team during drill season, you will be asked to give a copy of the schedule to help concordant practices with your team. Also, talk to your coach and make them aware of drill, because being a part of this team is commitment and you will treat it as such.
- T-shirts are $10.00 to be collected by the Drill Team Commender
If you are placed on loss of privilege (LOP) list, you will immediately be suspended from the team until you are lifted from the lost of privilege list.
- If this occurs you will be asked to turn in your cord and tab. Once you are cleared from the LOP and wish to return, only the will you be fully reinstated.