- Leadership Academy will be taking place at Anclote High school starting on July 30th and ending on August 2nd.
- It will begin every day at 7:30AM and end at 12:00 pm.
- Try to be here by 7:25AM.
- We will be conducting PT, the days are yet to be determined.
- JCLC will be taking place at Camp Flaming Arrow in Lake Wales Florida.
- Students need to be at Anclote High school on Monday June 4th by 8:30AM.
- The camp will be from June 4-7.
- Parents are allowed to visit anytime but visiting day is Wednesday June 6th.
- Students can drop off their equipment at the JROTC classroom Wednesday May 30th at 9:00AM
For more information before June 4th contact Anclote High school (727)246-3071 After June 4th contact JCLC HQ (Jenkins Hall) (863)696-7928
Starting with next year’s leaders:
Company commanders will be: Jacob Rosado, Ryan Houser, Joshua Nantz, Charles Turner, and Ramirah Wright.
First Sergeants will be: Owen Whittaker, Hunter King, Jacob Daniels, and Maritza Rodriguez.
Company XOs will be: Caleb Tomlinson, Tatiana White, Edy Cruz, Hannah Espenlaub, and Amberleigh Dunn.
And next year’s staff will be:
- Battalion Commander: Sydney Wilson
- Battalion Executive Officer: Liz Santos
- Battalion Command Sergeant Major: David Howard
- Battalion Staff Assistants: Lizbeth Santos and Dayli Ramirez
- S1: Michael Ghattas
- S2: Caelen Lencioni
- S3: Morgan Labita
- S4: Taylor Jardin
- S5: Tatum Barlet
Battalion Commander: C/CPT Sydney M. Wilson
Battalion Command Sergeant Major: C/1SG David A. Howard
Congratulation to both cadets and good luck next year serving in these very important leadership positions. The complete list of staff and leaders for next year will be complete by the first week of May and announced NLT on JROTC Awards Ceremony (16 May 2018).
Shark Battalion is starting a fundraiser “Leading Edge Fundraiser” next week Thursday 22 February. Cadets will receive a letter this week with more detials…thank you for supporting.
Washington D.C. Trip is set 8-11 March 2018. We will be visiting iconic sites: Capitol, Arlington Cemetery, National Museum of African American History and Culture, Jefferson Memorial just to name a few. We will have 26 cadets, 2 instructors, and 2 parents participate in trip.
The Cadet Military Ball is scheduled for 15 March 2018. This year the cadet ball is hosted by Gulf High School. RADM Malloy is our guest speaker. Rear Adm. James Malloy, a native of Silver Spring, Maryland, is a 1986 graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy. He holds a Master of Science in Systems Technology (Command, Control and
Communications) from the Naval Post Graduate School, a Master of Science in National Security Strategy from the National War College and a Master of Health Sciences in Emergency and Disaster Management from Touro University. RADM Malloy assumed duties as vice director for operations on the Joint Staff in July 2017.