1. In a flashlight, chemical energy side a battery is changed into electrical energy, then to light energy and thermal energy. The law of conservation of energy states that these energy conversions do not create or destroy energy.
2. Insulators transfer energy in the form of heat slowly. Conductors transfer energy in the form of heat quickly.
3. The particles in the glass vibrate in place more rapidly because they have more kinetic energy.
4. No, the thermometer measures the average kinetic energy of particles in a substance, while thermal energy s the sum of the kinetic energy of the particles.
(1) B (2) H (3) B (4) I (5) B (6) F (7) C (8) G (9) A (10) F (11) C (12) G