National Suicide Prevention Week Sept. 10-16, 2018
Pay attention to the following signs:
- Talking or joking about committing suicide.
- Saying things like “I would be better off dead or there is no way out.”
- Writing stories or poems about death.
- Engaging in reckless behavior.
- Giving away prized possessions.
- Saying goodbye to friends and family for the last time.
- Seeking out pills, weapons, or thinking of plans.
What can we do? Talk to an adult or contact the National Suicide Prevention Hotline at
Life is one of the most precious and beautiful things. Sometimes, we all feel a little down but there are ways to boost ourselves back up. Check out the following:
25 Ways to Boost your Self Confidence
- Exercise to stay healthy
- Listen to music
- Dance like no one is watching
- Read a good book
- Change and act on what you can control and release the things that are not in your control
- Don’t be afraid to make a mistake but learn from your mistakes.
- Learn something new – hobby
- Treat others as you wish to be treated
- Surround yourself with positive people.
- Pat yourself on the back every time you make a small success
- Challenge bad thoughts about yourself and replace them with positive thoughts.
- Set goals
- Do a good deed for someone
- Try new things
- Accept yourself and focus on your strengths.
- Keep visual reminders of things that make you feel good
- Writing creatively.
- Be kind and generous
- Smile and say hello. You may meet someone new.
- Empower yourself with knowledge.
- Positive self- talk
- Realize that you are unique and stop comparing yourself to others.
- Challenge your own beliefs if your beliefs tell you that you can’t do something a certain way.