Hours Opportunities for November/December:
NHS Thanksgiving Basket Donations- Due Thurs, Nov. 16th to Mrs. Simons
Here is a list of the main items we are requesting be included in the baskets:
- Instant mashed potatoes
- Corn bread mix
- Stuffing mix
- Canned vegetables
- Canned Fruit
- Canned sweet potatoes
- Gravy mix or canned gravy
- Condiments (i.e.: cranberry sauce, olives, pickles)
- Biscuit/bread mix
- Dessert mix (i.e.: cake & frosting, brownie mix, cheesecake, etc.)
- Pumpkin Pie filling with Pie crust mix
Work with an NHS friend to create a basket and get an hour each. Bring in all the items yourself and earn two hours.
NHS News & Notes from Meeting 11/01/17
- T-shirt Collections – Bring in 5 old T-shirts for 1 hour. These t-shirts will be used in an upcoming community service project. Any color shirts, stains are fine. Due by 11/03/17.
- Dog Toy Making – We will be using the old t-shirts that were donated to make dog toys for a local shelter. We will meet in the Media Center 2-3pm, 11/03/17.
- Collecting Sodas – NHS has been requested to bring in sodas for the concessions for the Magic Show next week. 1-12 pack of soda = 1 hour. No more than one per student. Bring items to Mrs. Simons office by Monday, Nov. 6th or before.
- Media Center/Campus Clean-up – Monday, Nov. 13th 2-3pm. No need to sign-up, just show up. Meet in the Media Center right after school.
- NIKE Reuse-A-Shoe – We will be collecting old tennis shoes for the Nike Reuse-A-Shoe project headed up by Katie Day. The Reuse-A-Shoe program collects old, worn-out athletic shoes for recycling and transforms them into Nike Grind, a material used to create courts, tracks, fields and playgrounds. No cleats or boots, athletic shoes only. Must be turned into the box outside of Mrs. Simons’ office by Wednesday, Dec. 20th. 2 pairs=1 hour
National Honor Society News & Events: posted 9/27
NHS dues are $10 and are due to Mrs. Simons no later than Friday, 9/29!
- Next club meeting is Wednesday, 10/4. We will meet in the College & Career Resource Center in the Media.
- NHS T-shirt orders must be turned in by 10/04, Club Day. T-shirts are $10. Order form:NHS T-shirt Order Form
- NHS will begin its tutoring services next week. Tutoring will be Wednesdays and Thursdays from 2-3pm. If you would like to sign-up to be a tutor please see Mrs. Simons. All subjects needed.
- Hours Opportunities:
- Bring in 5 old T-shirts for 1 hour. These t-shirts will be used in an upcoming community service project. Any color shirts, stains are fine.
- NHS is running the Volleyball concession stand and needs supplies. Each item= 1 hour. No more than one item per student. Bring items to Mrs. Simons office.
- Package of hotdogs and buns
- 8 pack of Gatorade bottles(red or blue only)
- 12 pack soda
- 24 pack of water
- box of microwave popcorn
Welcome to the 2017-2018 school year! I know there was a bit of confusion with the first club day, so I just wanted to clarify information for everyone.
- NHS meets on both Club A & Club B days in the Media Center College & Career Center (Reference Room)/Mrs. Simons’ Classroom.
- All members must earn a minimum of 5 service hours with an NHS sponsored event each semester.
- Dues for current members are $10, due by Friday, Sept. 22nd to Mrs. Simons
- Applications & Dues($20) for new members due Friday, Sept. 22nd to Mrs. Simons
- We will be collecting old t-shirts for a service project in October. T-shirts of any kind/color, stains are okay. 5 T-shirts = 1hour. Please turn into Mrs. Simons.
- We will be selling PINK cupcakes at the October 6th Home Pink-Out Football game to support Breast Cancer Awareness. Volunteers needed. Please sign up for a shift outside of Mrs. Simons’ office.
- Next club meeting will be Wednesday, October 4th!
If you have any questions please stop by and see me!