Hello Wildcat Family!!!

Mrs. Kristen Leonard ===> 7th grade Counselor

I am a  graduate of Florida State University where I earned a bachelor’s degree in psychology.  Upon graduation, I began working as an insurance adjuster.  I leaned a lot about insurance, but mostly I learned that in order to be happy in life, you have to do something that brings enjoyment.  For me, that is working with children.  I went back to school and earned my master’s degree in guidance and counseling from University of South Florida.  I guess that makes me a Bull and a Seminole!  I have worked for Pasco County Schools for the past 16 years as an elementary school counselor, most recently at Veterans Elementary.  I am super excited to open this next chapter in my life as a middle school counselor at Weightman!  I look forward to learning new things, meeting new people, and helping students navigate the challenging phase of adolescence.  I look forward to helping students with personal and academic goals, reaching their full potential, and helping them to prepare for high school.

On a personal note, I have four children who bring much joy into my life.  I spend most of my free time with my family attending fun activities such as dance class and soccer games.  We enjoy swimming, riding bikes, and just being together.

I am thrilled to join the Wildcat team this year and look forward to working with the parents, teachers, and students at Weightman Middle!  Please fee free to contact me at kleonard@pasco.k12.fl.us if I can be of any assistance throughout the year. 

Mrs. Alana Irving ===> 8th grade Counselor

I am currently in my 15th year as a School Counselor.  Prior to coming to TEWMS, I was at Connerton Elementary for one year, and I was at Wesley Chapel High School (where I had the awesome opportunity to graduate my son) for 10 years.  I earned my Educational Specialist degree in School Counseling from Argosy University while I taught 2nd grade migrant children at Ruskin Elementary for 8 years.  I have my MA degree in Elementary Education, and my BA degree in Sociology with minors in Criminology and Equestrian Science.

I am happily married with 2 children.  I have moved 11 times, originally from Chicago, Illinois.  I have had the opportunity to travel abroad on several occasions— spent 2 months backpacking through South America and 1 month in Europe.  I also enjoy discovering all the beautiful places here in the states through annual road trips.

I love what I do——- and can’t wait to inspire academic, personal/social, and career development with all Weightman Wildcats!

Please feel free to contact me  anytime at 813-794-0233 or abaumruc@pasco.k12.fl.us

Ms. Mary Beth Foti ===> 6th grade Counselor

Hello Wildcats! Ms. Foti, your 6th grade School Counselor here.  I’d love to tell you a little bit about myself.  I moved to Florida from Snowtown USA aka Watertown, NY.  I have been working as a School Counselor in Pasco County since my arrival in the beautiful Sunshine state.
I attended college in NY where I obtained an Associate’s degree in Criminal Justice, a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, my Master’s degree in Mental Health Counseling, a CAS (Certificate of Advanced Study) in Play Therapy, and finally my CAS in School Counseling.  I began my career in counseling as a Mental Health Counselor and Play Therapist.  I moved into school counseling and have experience working in middle and high school as well as alternative education schools.
Fun facts about me…  I’m a single mom with two amazing kids! I’m very passionate about counseling and absolutely love what I do!  It is my desire to connect with your children and help them and your family in any way that I can.
Please feel free to contact me anytime at 813-794-0200 or mbova@pasco.k12.fl.us

1 thought on “Hello Wildcat Family!!!”